Watching Over One Another in Love
Looking to join a group where you can connect with others, build friendships and intentionally grow in your faith? If so, we have good news! Life groups at Weddington UMC are designed to help us grow in community with one another.
The heart of this new approach to Life Group ministry is based on John Wesley’s model which he described as “watching over one another in love.” We have a variety of life groups (men’s, women’s and co-ed groups) meeting throughout each week for times of fellowship, prayer, and sharing their journey of faith together. We encourage you to get involved in this vital ministry.
If you would like to know more about Life Groups at Weddington UMC, please complete our Life Group Connector request.
We would love for you to join one of our existing Life Groups! See below for a full list of our groups that meet throughout each week. For more information or to join one of these groups, please email Rev. Mark Curtis at email@example.com.
Second Sunday Connection
Are you interested in joining or forming a Life Group? Every second Sunday of the month, a team member of our Life Group Ministry Team will be at the coffee stations in Helms Hall and the 10:10 worship service at our Hospitality Tables before and after each worship service to answer any questions you may have about Life Groups here at WUMC. Our “Connectors,” as we call them, will be wearing blue Connector shirts so they can be easily identified. We look forward to helping you get connected!
Men’s Life Groups
- Jeff Vawter/Bryan Lynip, Sunday 6:30 p.m., Pine Room, Marvin Campus
- Brian King, every other Monday 7:00 p.m., Hemby House in Room 5
- Dwight Jacobs, Tuesday 7:30 p.m., Hemby House*
- Tom Coleman, Friday 6:45 a.m., Jay Emry Room
- Gary Fitzer, Friday 7:00 a.m., Hemby House
Women’s Life Groups
- Women’s LG, Sunday, 4:30 p.m., Education Building Room 209
- Heather Brown, Tuesday, 7:00 p.m., Hemby House*
- Lilies Group, Wednesday, 9:30 a.m., Hemby House *
- Rev. Amy Hutchison, Wednesday, 9:30 a.m., Bonds Grove
- Artist’s Life Group, Thursday, 9:30 a.m., Hemby House
- Sew Many Blessings, 1st Saturday each month, 9:00 a.m., Bonds Grove
* These groups break for the summer and will resume in September.
Co-Ed Life Groups
- Marvin Creek, Sunday 6:30 p.m., Marvin Creek
- Light of the World, Wednesday 7:00 p.m., Room 20
- Young Professionals, Wednesday, 6:30-8:00 p.m. Jay Emry Room
- Olde Providence North, Tuesday, 7:00 p.m., Briggs residence
- Weddington Riders (coed group of motorcycle enthusiasts!)