Date(s) - 04/12/2020
We invite your family and friends to join us in our Holy Week services at Weddington United Methodist Church.
We begin our celebration of Holy Week on Palm Sunday (April 5) at regular Sunday worship times, with a procession to commemorate Christ’s entry into Jerusalem at the Weddington Campus. Holy Thursday (April 9) and Good Friday (April 10) services will be held in the Weddington Campus Sanctuary at 7:00 p.m. In addition to our regular worship times on Easter morning, we will celebrate with a Sunrise Service at 7:00 a.m. at the cemetery entrance on Providence Road. We will also have Easter Sunday services at our Bonds Grove and Monroe campuses at regular Sunday worship times.
We invite you to bring flowers on Easter Sunday to adorn the crosses sponsored by the members of the Lucy Price Circle.
Childcare will be available in the nursery wing for the Holy Thursday and Good Friday services starting at 6:40 p.m. Nursery care will also be available for all services on the Weddington campus on Easter Sunday except for the Sunrise service. Childcare will also be available at the Bonds Grove and Monroe campuses on Easter Sunday.
Easter Sunday Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Sunrise Service in the Cemetery with Brass Quintet
- 8:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary with The Chancel Choir, Brass Ensemble, and Percussion *Note time change.
- 9:30 a.m. in the Weddington Sanctuary
- 10:10 a.m. in the Family Life Center
- 11:00 a.m. in the Weddington Sanctuary with The Chancel Choir, Brass Ensemble, and Percussion
- 11:00 a.m. at the Bonds Grove Campus
- 6:00 p.m. at the Monroe Campus